What does the “Organization Template” functionality do?
The Organization Template functionality allows you to create a flexible project plan template for your organization. It will serve as a starting point for the future project plans.
Is the “Organization Template” feature available for Standard Subscription?
The Organization Template feature is available only for Business Subscription. If you have a Standard Subscription and you want to use this feature, you have to upgrade to Business Plan.
How do I create an Organization Template?
To create an Organization Template, go to File menu - Info and click on Organization Template. If a template does not already exist, you will be asked if you want to create a new one. Click Yes and start creating.
How do I create a new project from Organization Template?
To create a new project from the organization template, go to File - New and click on New from organization template.
What organization template settings can be set directly from Online Portal?
From Online Portal you can set the following Project settings:
- Week start day
- Default task type
- Default task mode
- Show project summary
- Risk management
And the following Resource settings:
- Schedule – Full time, part-time, custom
- Custom schedule – Number of working hours per day
Is the Organization Template customization from Online Portal applied in the application?
Any customization from Online Portal will be automatically applied in the application’s Organization Template. For example, if you set the Show project summary task to Yes from Online Portal -Organization tab and then go into the app to File – Info – Organization Template, you will notice that the changes have been applied and the project summary task is displayed.
How do I add a holiday in my Organization Template from Online Portal?
To add a holiday to your organization template from Online Portal, go to Organization tab and click on Add New Holiday. A dialog will be displayed that allows you to set holiday’s Name, Start Date, End Date and Yearly option. To save the holiday, click on Add Holiday and the changes will be applied to your Organization Template.
How do I customize the organization template schedule for a team member from Online Portal?
In order to customize the organization template schedule for a team member from Online Portal, go to Team Members – Schedule and from the drop-down select Custom. A dialog will be displayed where you can set the Number of working hours per day. Click on Set Schedule in order for the changes to be applied.
I have customized an Organization Template, but when I reopened it the changes were not saved.
To customize the Organization Template, you have to go to File – Info - Organization Template. Then, you have to save the changes using the Save option from File menu. Any customization will be automatically applied to new projects created from File -New - New from Organization Template. On the other hand, any customization to a project you create from New from Organization Template, will not be applied to the Organization Template and can be saved locally or in one of our clouds using the Save As option from File menu.
Step by step on how to create an Organization Template:
- Go to the File menu – Info and then click on Organization Template.
Note: The Organization Template feature is available only in Business Plan. If you have a Standard Subscription and you want to use this feature, you have to upgrade to Business Plan.
- If it is the first time opening the organization template, the Create new template dialog will appear on the screen. Click Yes to start customizing the organization template.
Note: You can also create a new Organization Template from Online Portal. In order to do that, go to our Online Portal page [https://www.projectplan365.com/ups/Account/SignIn] - Sign In using your credentials and then click on “Sign In” button. Select the Organization tab and notice that the Create an Organization Template dialog will appear. Click on Create Organization Template button to start customizing.
- Go to File – Options – Advanced tab and check the Show project summary task in order to display the project-level summary task.
- Customize the organization project template from which new projects can be created.
- set the project Currency;
- set the project Date format;
- set Schedule settings;
- set Advanced settings;
- customize views such as Gantt Chart, Timeline, Task Usage by applying different Gantt Chart Line/Bar/Text Styles;
- modify project calendars;
- customize tables by inserting/hiding columns.
- customize reports
For example, in the project from the image bellow Date Format, Text Styles and Gantt Chart Styles have been changed. Also, the Cost column has been inserted.
Note: Some of these settings can also be set in the Organization tab from the Project Plan 365 Online Portal.
- When you are happy with your template, go to the File menu – Save option in order to save your organization template for future use.
Note: You can always go back to make changes to the template by following the same steps.
- Share your project template with Team Members. You can share it by sending it as a PDF or as MPP.
Step by step on how to use an Organization Template:
- Go to the File menu – New and click on New from organization template.
- If there is no template already created, you will be asked if you want to create a new one. Click Yes to start customizing the Organization Template. To do that, follow the steps from Step by step on how to create an Organization Template.
- Since the template is completed, you can now plan easily without worrying about styles and what columns to add/hide.
- Share your project with your team members. When you click on Share button, if the project is not saved in a cloud location, the application will redirect you to Save the project in My Projects - Drive 365 cloud service. You can also send it as PDF or MPP.
Step by step on how to customize team member’s schedule from Online Portal:
- Go to our Online Portal page – Team Members – Schedule field.
- Choose Custom option from the drop-down list.
- A Set Custom Schedule dialog will be displayed where you can set the Number of working hours per day.
- After you set Number of working hours per day, click on Set Schedule button in order for the changes to be applied.
- To see the changes in the Organization Template from the application, go to File – Info – Organization Template. And then, in Project menu - Change Working Time dialog you will notice the applied changes in the member’s Calendar.
Note: The changes you make to the member’s schedule from Online Portal are only applied for the Organization Template and for the new projects created from the template.
Step by step on how to add a new holiday from Online Portal:
- Go to our Online Portal page – Organization tab.
- Click on Add New Holiday.
- A dialog with the “Add new holiday” option will be displayed where you can set holiday’s Name, Start Date, End Date and Yearly
Note: Use the “Yearly” option only if you have an Exception day that will happen each year on a specific date.
- Click on Add Holiday so save the changes.
Note: You can also delete the holiday anytime you want by clicking on delete icon.
- To see the changes in the Organization Template from the application, go to File – Info – Organization Template. And then, in Project menu - Change Working Time dialog you will notice the applied changes in standard Calendar.