What is a team resource pool?
A team resource pool helps to combine all the resource information into a single central file. You can have the same people that work to several projects or use shared resources in your project. The resource pool is also useful for identifying assignment conflicts and viewing time allocation for each project.
How to export the resource pool from my plans?
When any project plan is saved on My Projects - Drive 365 you can save resources from the plan in your Team Resource Pool. Go to File - Save As - My Projects - Drive 365. In the next dialog, “Add project members to Resource Pool?”, press Yes. Select the desired resources in Add People to Resource Pool dialog and then press on Export button.
In Project Plan 365 Online Portal you will see that the new resources were added.
How to import the Resource pool into my plans?
To import your resource pool into your plan, go to menu Resource – Build Team from Resource Pool. Check the resources you want in your plan and click on the Import button.
How to assign resources to resource pool?
To assign resources to the resource pool, go to our Online Portal: https://www.projectplan365.com/ups/Account/SignIn.
In the Resource page, enter the email address, the name and the role of your new resource.
Click on the Save Changes button.
How can I remove users from Resource Pool?
To remove a resource from Resource Pool, please go to Resource page in our Online Portal and click on recycle bin icon associated with the user you want to remove.
How do I update the Resource Pool?
To update the Resource Pool, in Online Portal go to the Resources page and you can assign and remove subscriptions. After you make any changes, click on the Save Changes button.
When I assign a user to my business, he will receive an email?
When you assign a user to your business if he has an account he will receive an email to join your Business. If the assigned resource doesn't have an account, the user receives also a link inside the email in order to set the password for his new account.
How many resources can I assign to Business when I am in Business Trial?
When on Business Trial you can assign as many resources as you want.
How can I create a resource pool?
You can create a resource pool from our Online Portal or using the “Add People to Resource Pool” feature under Resource menu inside application.
Step by step on how to create a resource pool:
Create resource pool from our Online Portal:
1. Sign In with your Business Account in our Online Portal.
2. Go to Resources page to add your team members.
3. Insert the email address, the name, and the role for each resource.
4. After any change made in Resources page, click on the Save Changes button.
Create resource pool using Project Plan 365 application:
1. Go to File - Save As - My Projects Drive 365 or go to menu Resource - Add People to Resource Pool.
2. A dialog will appear with the following question: "Add project members to Resource Pool?". Press on the Yes button.
3. In the next dialog, check the desired resources and insert a valid email address for each resource.
4. Press on the Export button.
5. If the exported resource doesn't have a valid email address, a message alert will appear.
6. Also, in Project Plan 365 Online Portal you can see the new resources.
Step by step on how to import the resource pool into your plans:
A team resource pool can be used in all your plans.
1. Open the desired project.
2. Go to menu Resource - Build Team from Resource Pool.
3. In the next dialog, check the resources you want to import from resource pool into your plan.
4. Press on the Import button.
5. All resources are imported into your plan and can be seen in Resource Sheet view.