What does the "Custom Fields" functionality do?
The "Custom Fields" functionality, as the name describes it, allows you to create custom fields in Project Plan 365 app.
Does Project Plan 365 read custom enterprise fields from Project?
Project Plan 365 app support enterprise custom fields (view/edit, save) for Project Server 2013 and newer.
How can I add the status for a task?
You can set a “Status” for tasks by creating a Custom Field. To do so, select Insert Column option from the Format menu. Choose one Field name from Text 1 to Text 30. Change the Title to “Status” and click OK.
What role have the columns named Number1 to Number20?
The columns "Number1"…"Number20" are designed for customized use. The name shows the data type it accepts.
What are the available custom fields in Project Plan 365 app?
The available custom fields are: Text1-30, Cost1-10, Date1-10, Duration1-10, Finish1-10, Flag1-20, Number1-20, Start1-10.
How do I create a custom field?
In order to create a custom field, go to menu Project - Custom Fields. On Field section select Task if you want the field to be available in task views or select Resource if you want the field to be available in resource views. Select a custom field: Text1-30, Cost1-10, Date1-10, Duration1-10, Finish1-10, Flag1-20, Number1-20, Start1-10. Rename the custom field and click OK.
How do I insert a custom field in a view?
In order to insert a custom field in a view, click on the column header for the column that you want to appear in the right side of the custom field. Go to menu Format - Insert Column. Select the desired custom field and how do you want the column to be aligned in Align Data and Align Title boxes. Type a width for the column in Width box.
If you want the column header text to wrap to multiple lines if the column is too narrow to display it on one line, select the Header Text Wrapping check box. Clear this check box if you want the header to only be displayed on one line.
Step by step on how to create a custom field:
1. Go to menu Project - Custom Fields.
2. On Field section select Task or Resource.
3. On Type section select Cost, Date, Duration, Finish, Flag, Number, Start, Text or Outline Code.
4. Select the desired field and click on Rename column.
5. Click OK.
Step by step on how to insert a custom field in a view:
1. Click on the column header for the column that you want to appear in the right side of the custom field.
2. Go to menu Format - Insert Column.
3. Select the desired custom field.
4. Set how the data to be aligned and decide if you want to wrap the text on multiple lines.
6. The custom field is added to your view.