What information do I need about master project and subprojects files?
1. When you insert a subproject, a small specific icon distinguishes it from summary tasks that are part of the master project.
2. In the master project, subprojects appear as summary tasks that you can easily arrange in an outline.
3. Click the collapsed sign next to a subproject to expand that subproject’s tasks for viewing/editing.
4. Each subproject represents a different phase or another functional group in the main project.
5. When you insert a subproject into the master project, the two projects are linked and you can view all the information in the subproject from the master project.
6. When you update a subproject from the master project, it is updated in its source file as well. If you just must combine files to create a report or print a view of combined-project information, you can also consolidate them temporarily in a view.