The Resource Sheet view displays resource information in a sheet format, in which you can view information about each resource. Such information includes the payment rate, the number of work-hours assigned, and the planned (baseline) and actual cost.
A resource can be an individual, a company or department, a piece of equipment, a room, or any other resource you're using for your project.
For planner products only:
You can quickly create a resource list for your project by typing the name of each resource and related information.
Best uses Use the Resource Sheet view to:
- View resource information.
- Enter and edit resource information .
- Compare a resource's planned costs and work against actual costs and work.
- View the number of work-hours assigned to each resource.
- View resource costs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a person on the project.
- Review the number of work-hours assigned to each resource .
- Review resource costs .
Customization To make the Resource Sheet view fit your needs exactly, you can customize it. When you save your project, the customized view is saved with the project file. Note that only customization made on Entry table will be saved. To customize the Resource Sheet view, you can:
- Change the information that is displayed.
- Change the columns order
- Format individual information to pay attention to it. For example, you can apply bold formatting to a higher-than-expected cost and assign a different font to an overallocated resource.
- Format a category information to distinguish that type of information. For example, you can format all overallocated resources as italic text and increase the size of all column headings.
- Create a combination view for the Resource Sheet view to display additional information about the resources in the Resource Sheet view or about the tasks to which those resources are assigned .
Tables The Resource Sheet view displays categories of information about the resources, arranged in tables. The default table for the Resource Sheet view is the Entry table, but you can select any of the resource tables to display information about the project's resources.
Filters The Resource Sheet view can use any of the resource filters to display only the information you want to see. When you select a filter, the Resource Sheet view displays the information as defined by that filter's criteria. The default filter is the All Resources filter.
Sorting You can apply different sort criteria to the resources from the Resource Sheet view.
Grouping  The Resource Sheet allows you to group resources.
 This is supported only in Project Viewer for Win PC/Server, Project Viewer for Win Web/Server, Project Viewer Online Subscription, Project Viewer for SharePoint Server, Project Viewer for SharePoint Online and Project Plan 365 for Win PC/Server products