Manage Team Members
What does the “Manage Team Members” functionality do?
The “Manage Team Members” functionality allows the Editors of the organization to set the name, set the role, assign or remove team members.
The Read-Only users can only view the team members that are inside the organization.
What is a Team Member?
A team member is a person that belongs to an organization - team members are assigned at the organization level and can be shared across multiple projects.
What is a Resource?
A resource is a person, equipment or materials that belongs to a project. Resources are defined and maintained at the project level.
When and why use Team Members or Resources in your project?
You want to use Team Members any time you have shared people resources working in more than one project at the time so you can track their availability and avoid over allocations or under utilization.
You want to use local project Resources that are not Team Members only for material or equipment type resources.
When/How a Team Member become a Resource and viceversa?
When Team Member ‘John Smith’ is assigned to Task ABC in Project123 it becomes a local Resource to the project.
When local project Resource Mary Doe is added to the Organization XYZ it will become a Team Member and will be available to all projects in the organization.
How do I rename a team member?
To rename a team member go to our Project Plan 365 Portal and in Team Members page and set a new name for your team member.
How do I remove a team member from organization?
To remove a team member from organization, go to our Project Plan 365 Portal and in Team Members page click on remove icon that is assigned to the desired resource that you want to be removed.
How do I assign / invite a team member to my organization?
To assign a team member to your organization, in our Project Plan 365 Portal, go to Team Members page and insert the user’s email address, set the name and role. The invited user will receive an email to join your organization. If the team member doesn’t have an account on our website, in the received email will be a link where the team member can set the password for his account.
Can I transfer a subscription to another user?
You can assign a subscription to a different user in Team Members page from our Online Portal. Remove a team member or change the role to Read-Only for an existing user and assign the remaining subscription to another team member.
If I buy the Project Plan 365 app can I invite multiple users?
You can purchase multiple subscriptions under the same account and then you can invite team members in your organization and you can share the files created with your team.
Can I assign more people even though I bought less subscriptions?
You can assign more team members into your organization than purchased subscriptions. The only condition is that the role for the new added team members to be Read-Only. If you want to add an Editor, you need to purchase another subscription.
What happens if I assign a user twice on the same subscription?
You cannot assign a user twice on the same subscription.
Can I assign to a user the Editor role and Read-Only role?
You cannot assign to a user both Editor and Read-Only role.
How can I add an Editor?
If you already purchased our application, you need to purchase a subscription for each Editor team member. In our Online Portal, go to Team Members page and on the desire team member select the Editor role.
Can one of my assigned users renew his subscription?
If a user is assigned to a subscription owned by someone else, he cannot renew the existing subscriptions or purchase more subscriptions.
When I assign a team member to my organization, will he/she receive an email?
When you assign a team member to your business, if he/she has an account on our website, he/she will receive an email to join your Business. If the assigned team member doesn't have an account, the user receives a link inside the email to set the password for his new account.
How many team members can I assign to organization when I am in Standard/Business Trial?
When on Standard/Business Trial you can assign as many team members as you want.
How do I Import the team members from my plan into organization?
You will be asked if you want to import Team Members in the following situations:
1. You save a project in Drive 365 for the first time (File - Save As - My Projects - Drive 365), and you have Work Resources that are not Team Members.
2. You save a project in Drive 365 (File - Save) and you have work resources that are not already team members.
3. You share a project with people that are not already Team Members – you can add them as Team Members.
To import Team Members manually, go to the menu Team – Import Team. A dialog will appear that will contain all Work Resources in the current project that are not already Team Members. Once you enter a valid email address for the resources that you want to import, click on the Add Team Members button. Now the imported resources become Team Members.
In Project Plan 365 Online Portal you will see that the new team members were added.
Where can I find resource ribbon?
The “Resource” menu was renamed and now you can find it as “Team” menu.
How do I add the team members into my plans?
To add Team Members into the current project, select a task and go to menu Team - Assign - Team Member. It will open the Assign Team Members to This Task dialog, which lets you select who do you want to add to the current project. Once you click Assign, all the selected Team Members are added as Work Resources into the current project.
You can also add team members from Gantt Chart view, using Resource Names column.
When you open the Resource Names drop-down menu, you will get a list of all resources in your project and the Team Members (marked with an icon). Note that all the Team Members are visible in this list (added or not). Selecting any Team Member in this list will add it to the current project (only once). If you want to add a new Team Member, click Add Team Member button.
Another option to add team members in your project is to use the Resource Sheet view.
The Resource Name editing control provides a list of not added Team Members and the “Add Team Member” button. If there are no Team Members to suggest, the button alone is displayed.
Where is Team menu?
The menu "Team" can be found inside our application right next to the "Task" menu in the ribbon.
Can I add the same resource in two different teams?
With our current functionality a user’s email address cannot be assigned to two different teams.
How to assign the specific user as a local resource?
You can add in your plan the name and email address for that specific resource, but you cannot import the resource in your Team. To share a file with that resource, you can go to menu Share – Share and insert the email address for that specific resource.
Why I can't change values in the fields?
In order to edit and save .mpp files, you need to have an active account with the role set as Editor. You can verify your role by accessing our Online Portal Page. Sign In with your email and password, click on Team Members tab and check your role.
Why I can’t see the “Manage Account” button in ribbon on the Mac platform?
If the “Manage Account” button is not visible in ribbon, please press "More" button. You should be able to find in the dropdown the button that doesn't fit inside the ribbon because of the small window size.
Why I can’t see the “Manage Team Members” button in ribbon on the Mac platform?
If the “Manage Team Members” button is not visible in ribbon, please press "More" button. You should be able to find in the dropdown the button that doesn't fit inside the ribbon because of the small window size.
How to access Project Plan 365 Portal page?
Please click on the following link to access our Online Portal page: https://www.projectplan365.com/ups/Account/SignIn
Learn how to build a PROJECT TEAM in just 5 minutes!
Step by step on how the owner/editor should manage the Team Members from Online Portal:
1. Sign In with your email and password in our Online Portal.
2. Go to Team Members page.
3. Here you can delete, rename or add a new team member.
4. If there is no available subscription, the following drop down will be shown.
5. You can assign as many Read-Only team members as you want. Only for Editors you will need to purchase a subscription.
Note that the team members can be managed from inside the application.
1. Click on your email address in the upper right corner.
2. Click on the Manage Team Members button.
3. A dialog appears with all the resources that are in your organization.
4. Any modification performed in this dialog is immediately visible after the dialog is closed.
Note: Another way to manage the Team Members is to go to the menu Team – Manage Team.
Step by step on how to add team members from Organization into your project plans:
1. Select a task from Gantt Chart view.
2. Go to menu Team - Assign - Team Member.
3. The Assign Team Members to This Task dialog will be opened.
4. Select the team members that you want to assign to the task and click on the Assign button.
4. Once you click Assign, all the selected Team Members are added as Work Resources into the current project.
Step by step on how to add team members into your project using the Resource Name column in Gantt Chart view:
1. You can add Team Members by adding them from the Gantt Chart view.
2. When you open the Resource Names drop-down menu, you will get a list of all resources in your project and the Team Members (marked with an icon). Note that all the Team Members are visible in this list (added or not). Selecting any Team Member in this list will add it to the current project (only once). If you want to add a new Team Member, click Add Team Member button and the following dialog will be opened:
3. After clicking on the Add Team Member button, John will be added as a Team Member.
Note that Added Team Members that are assigned to tasks are shown in the Resource Names with a distinct icon in front of their name.
Step by step on how to add team members into your project using the Resource Sheet view:
1. You can add Team Members by adding them from Resource Sheet view.
2. The Resource Name editing control provides a list of not added Team Members and the Add Team Member button. If there are no Team Members to suggest, the button alone is displayed.
3. As you type in the input box, the suggestions list is automatically refreshed so it matches the input.
4. If you type in a resource name that does not correspond to any existing team member (that is available for adding), you can click the Add Team Member button and proceed to add it to the organization.
5. The Name field in the dialog is automatically prefilled with the resource name. Same behavior is available for existing project resources – you open the Resource Name editing control for an existing resource, click on the Add Team Member button and information is automatically filled in the dialog.
Note: The invited team member will receive an email and he/she needs to activate his/her account.
Step by step on how to import team members from your plan into your team Organization:
1. Go to menu Team – Import Team.
2. A dialog will appear that will contain all the Work Resources in the current project that are not already Team Members.
3. Once you enter a valid email address for the resources that you want to import, they will become Team Members.