The Resource Usage view lists for each resource the assigned tasks and the total amount of work that the resource is scheduled to perform on each task, whether per day, week, month, or other time increment.
In planner products, you can quickly create a resource list for your project by typing the name of each resource and related information in the Resource Sheet view. A resource can be an individual, a company or department, a piece of equipment, a room, or any other resource you're using for your project.
Best uses Use the Resource Usage view to:
- View information on a resource's task assignment, such as cost, work allocation, and work availability.
- See which resources are overallocated and by how much.
- View assignments more evenly among resources.
- Find out how many hours each resource is scheduled to work.
- See the work capacity (in terms of a percentage) for each resource.
- View how much time each resource has available for additional work assignments.
- View each resource's work progress in days, weeks, months, or other time increments.
- View resource costs.
- View the amount of work a person spends on a task.
Customization To make the Resource Usage view fit your needs exactly, you can customize it or create a new version. When you close your project, the customized view is lose. To customize the Resource Usage view, you can:
- Display different resource information.
- Display information in different timescales.
- Change the units of time that are displayed to view your project at the level of detail you need.
- View usage information for a specific time period.
- Create a combination view to display additional information about the resources shown in the Resource Usage view or about the tasks to which those resources are assigned .
Tables The Resource Usage view displays categories of information about the resources, arranged in tables. The default table for the Resource Usage view is the Usage table, but you can select any of the resource tables to display information about the project's resources.
Filters The Resource Usage view can use any of the resource filters to display only the information you want to see. When you select a filter, the Resource Usage view displays the information as defined by that filter's criteria. The default filter is the All Resources filter.
Sorting You can apply different sort criteria to the resources and assignments from the Resource Usage view.
Grouping  The Resource Usage view allows you to group resources.
Zoom in and out  The timeline units for the right portion of the Resource Usage view are displayed at the top of the chart. By default, displays two units of time. You can adjust these time units to display up to three units of time, and you can change it so that different time units are displayed. For example, you can zoom out to get a bigger picture of your project's tasks by displaying Years and Months, or you can zoom in to see the exact start and finish dates for your project's tasks by changing the timescale to Weeks and Days.
Additionally you can choose a custom value for the zoom level.
 This is supported only in Project Viewer for Win PC/Server, Project Viewer for Win Web/Server, Project Viewer Online Subscription, Project Viewer for SharePoint Server, Project Viewer for SharePoint Online and Project Plan 365 for Win PC/Server products
 This option is available only in Project Viewer for Win PC/Server, Project Viewer for Win Web/Server, Project Viewer Online Subscription, Project Viewer for SharePoint Server, Project Viewer for SharePoint Online, Project Plan 365 for Win PC/Server, Project Plan 365 for Win Web/Server, Project Plan 365 Online Subscription, Project Viewer 365 for MAC, Project Viewer 365 for iPad, Project Plan 365 for SharePoint Server, Project Plan 365 for SharePoint Online, Project Plan 365 for MAC and Project Plan 365 for iPad products