Manage Team Members
What does the “Manage Team Members” functionality do?
The “Manage Team Members” functionality allows the Editors of the organization to set the name, set the role, assign or remove team members.
The Read-Only users can only view the team members that are inside the organization.
How do I rename a team member?
To rename a team member go to our Project Plan 365 Portal and in Team Members page and set a new name for your team member.
How do I remove a team member from organization?
To remove a team member from organization, go to our Project Plan 365 Portal and in Team Members page click on remove icon that is assigned to the desired resource that you want to be removed.
How do I assign / invite a team member to my organization?
To assign a team member to your organization, in our Project Plan 365 Portal, go to Team Members page and insert the user’s email address, set the name and role. The invited user will receive an email to join your organization. If the team member doesn’t have an account on our website, in the received email will be a link where the team member can set the password for his account.
Can I transfer a subscription to another user?
You can assign a subscription to a different user in Team Members page from our Online Portal. Remove a team member or change the role to Read-Only for an existing user and assign the remaining subscription to another team member.
If I buy the Project Plan 365 app can I invite multiple users?
You can purchase multiple subscriptions under the same account and then you can invite team members in your organization and you can share the files created with your team.
Can I assign more people even though I bought less subscriptions?
You can assign more team members into your organization than purchased subscriptions. The only condition is that the role for the new added team members to be Read-Only. If you want to add an Editor, you need to purchase another subscription.
What happens if I assign a user twice on the same subscription?
You cannot assign a user twice on the same subscription.
Can I assign to a user the Editor role and Read-Only role?
You cannot assign to a user both Editor and Read-Only role.
Can one of my assigned users renew his subscription?
If a user is assigned to a subscription owned by someone else, he cannot renew the existing subscriptions or purchase more subscriptions.
When I assign a team member to my organization, will he/she receive an email?
When you assign a team member to your business, if he/she has an account on our website, he/she will receive an email to join your Business. If the assigned team member doesn't have an account, the user receives a link inside the email to set the password for his new account.
How many team members can I assign to organization when I am in Standard/Business Trial?
When on Standard/Business Trial you can assign as many team members as you want.
How do I Export the team members from my plans?
You will be asked if you want to export Team Members in the following situations:
1. You save a project in Drive 365 for the first time (File - Save As - My Projects - Drive 365), and you have Work Resources that are not Team Members.
2. You save a project in Drive 365 (File - Save) and you have work resources that are not already team members.
3. You share a project with people that are not already Team Members – you can add them as Team Members.
To export Team Members manually, go to menu Resource – Export Team Members. A dialog will appear that will contain all Work Resources in the current project that are not already Team Members. Once you enter a valid email address for the resources that you want to export. Click on the Add Team Members button. Now the exported resources become Team Members.
How do I Import the team members into my plans?
To import Team Members into the current project, go to menu Resource – Import Team Members. It will open the Import Team Members dialog, which lets you select who do you want to add to the current project. Once you click Import, all the selected Team Members are imported as Work Resources into the current project.
You can also import team members from Gantt Chart view, using Resource Names column.
When you open the Resource Names drop-down menu, you will get a list of all resources in your project and the Team Members (marked with an icon). Note that all the Team Members are visible in this list (imported or not). Selecting any Team Member in this list will import it to the current project (only once). If you want to add a new Team Member, click Add Team Member button.
Another option to import team members in your project is to use the Resource Sheet view.
The Resource Name editing control provides a list of not imported Team Members and the “Add Team Member” button. If there are no Team Members to suggest, the button alone is displayed.
Learn how to build a PROJECT TEAM in just 5 minutes!
Step by step on how the owner/editor should manage the Team Members from Online Portal:
1. Sign In with your email and password in our Online Portal.
2. Go to Team Members page.
3. Here you can delete, rename or add a new team member.
4. If there is no available subscription, the following drop down will be shown.
5. You can assign as many Read-Only team members as you want. Only for Editors you will need to purchase a subscription.
Note that the team members can be managed from inside the application.
1. Click on your email address in the upper right corner.
2. Click on the Manage Team Members button.
3. A dialog appears with all the resources that are in your organization.
4. Any modification performed in this dialog is immediately visible after the dialog is closed.
Step by step on how to import team members from Organization into your project plans:
1. Go to menu Resource - Import Team Members.
2. The Import Team Members dialog will be opened.
3. Select the team members that you want to add to the current project and click on the Import button.
4. Once you click Import, all the selected Team Members are imported as Work Resources into the current project.
Step by step on how to import team members into your project using the Gantt Chart view:
1. You can import Team Members by adding them from the Gantt Chart view.
2. When you open the Resource Names drop-down menu, you will get a list of all resources in your project and the Team Members (marked with an icon). Note that all the Team Members are visible in this list (imported or not). Selecting any Team Member in this list will import it to the current project (only once). If you want to add a new Team Member, click Add Team Member button and the following dialog will be opened:
3. After clicking on the Add Team Member button, John will be added as a Team Member.
Note that Imported Team Members that are assigned to tasks are shown in the Resource Names with a distinct icon in front of their name.
Step by step on how to import team members into your project using the Resource Sheet view:
1. You can import Team Members by adding them from Resource Sheet view.
2. The Resource Name editing control provides a list of not imported Team Members and the Add Team Member button. If there are no Team Members to suggest, the button alone is displayed.
3. As you type in the input box, the suggestions list is automatically refreshed so it matches the input.
4. If you type in a resource name that does not correspond to any existing team member (that is available for import), you can click the Add Team Member button and proceed to add it to the organization.
5. The Name field in the dialog is automatically prefilled with the resource name. Same behavior is available for existing project resources – you open the Resource Name editing control for an existing resource, click on the Add Team Member button and information is automatically filled in the dialog.
Step by step on how to export team members from your plan into your team Organization:
1. Go to menu Resource – Export Team Members.
2. A dialog will appear that will contain all the Work Resources in the current project that are not already Team Members.
3. Once you enter a valid email address for the resources that you want to export, they will become Team Members.