Browse by Category
In order to apply an autofilter, go to menu Project-Autofilter. Click on the autofilter arrow next to the column heading that contains the information you want to display, and then check the values in order to filter the table. The autofilter arrow and the column name will turn in blue.
The "Autofilter" functionality allows you to view specific rows in a MPP file, while hiding the other rows.
To make Gridlines changes in your project, go to menu Format-Gridlines or select Gridlines from the contextual menu (right-click on the right pane in Gantt Chart view)
To access the Timeline click on View – Timeline.You can select which tasks from your project will be displayed in the Timeline.Tasks can be added to the Timeline view by double-clicking in the empty Timeline area and then selecting the desired tasks from the dialog which appears. Another way to do this is to go to Gantt Chart view, open Task Information dialog for the desired task and then check the “Display on Timeline” option.
In Timeline view you can use the “Zoom” options from the “Project” menu. You can “Zoom in” or “Zoom out” to see the tasks in more or less details.
The information in assignment information dialog is organized in three tabs: General, Tracking and Notes.
1. General tab: displays basic information regarding the assignment such as task, resource, work, work contour, start and finish dates, cost rate table, units, booking type, cost, assignment owner
2. Tracking tab: displays information such as task, resource, work, actual work, actual start, actual finish, actual cost, % work complete, remaining work, cost rate table
3. Notes tab: displays the notes for a resource assignment (in case there is any)
To make the Resource Usage view fit your needs exactly, you can customize it or create a new version. When you close your project, the customized view will be lost. To customize the Resource Usage view, you can:
1. Display different resource information.
2. Display information in different timescales.
3. Change the units of time that are displayed to view your project at the level of detail you need.
4. View usage information for a specific time period.
Use the Resource Usage view when you want to:
1. View information on a resource's task assignment, such as cost, work allocation, and work availability.
2. See which resources are overallocated and by how much.
3. View assignments more evenly among resources.
4. Find out how many hours each resource is scheduled to work.
5. See the work capacity (in terms of a percentage) for each resource.
6. View how much time each resource has available for additional work assignments.
7. View each resource's work progress in days, weeks, months, or other time increments.
8. View resource costs.
9. View the amount of work a person spends on a task.
The Progress Lines can be set using the Dates and Intervals tab in the Progress Lines dialog box to set preferences for the way you want to display dates and intervals with progress lines.
1. Display progress lines at regular intervals.
2. Display progress lines based on a specific status date.
3. Display progress lines for specific dates you select.
4. Display progress lines compared with the baseline plan or to the actual plan.
The available views in More Views dialog are:
1. Bar Rollup
2. Descriptive Network Diagram
3. Detail Gantt
4. Leveling Gantt
5. Milestone Dates Rollup
6. Milestone Rollup
7. Multiple Baselines Gantt
8. Task Sheet
9. Resource Allocation
10. Resource Form
11. Resource Name Form
12. Task Details Form
13. Task Form
14. Task Name form
Use the Task Sheet view to:
1. View a list of tasks and task information quickly when you don't need to see the information graphically over time.
2. Review progress by comparing planned (baseline) dates and actual start and finish dates, and by checking the progress of each task.
3. Create a list of tasks and task information quickly when you don't need to see the information graphically over time.
4. Establish sequential task dependencies by linking tasks. When you link tasks, you can see how a change in the duration of one task affects the start and finish dates of other tasks, as well as the project finish date.
5. Assign personnel and other resources to tasks.
You can use the Resource Sheet to:
1. View to view resource information.
2. Enter and edit resource information.
3. Compare a resource's planned costs and work against actual costs and work.
4. View the number of work-hours assigned to each resource.
5. View resource costs.
6. Evaluate the effectiveness of a person on the project.
7. Review the number of work-hours assigned to each resource.
8. Review resource costs.
Tables are a set of columns that show specific information about tasks, resources and assignments in a sheet view. For more information click on: https://www.projectplan365.com/articles/tables/.
Please download and install the latest app from this link: https://www.projectplan365.com/download/.